Thursday, March 3, 2011

Five Fab Finds - Week 3

Well here we are again and check out what we on offer today in our Five Fab Finds!!

Find #1:




I came across this great idea from Carolyn from Carolyn’s Homework where she shows a neat idea for organising business cards using your bits and pieces from your stash Click here

Well this got me to thinking (as you do) ... I could use this idea to organise my stash by having an an 'inventory' of my stamps, punches, dies and embossing folders. 

I don't know about you - but I am off to raid my 'tag stash' and get to work...

http://carolynshomework.blogspot.com/2011/02/inkling-hang-tag-rolodex.html




Find #2:




Considering I love to buy in bulk, along with my bulk tag purchase for the above project,  I also buy my paper doilies (or Benders as the catering industry calls them) in bulk.  They have so many uses and are so popular at the moment in Scrapbooking. 

When I cam across this great tutorial from Jeromina Juan of paper, plate and plane with her no fuss paper roses made out of doilies, I was 'itching' to have a go.... some white doilies, finished off with some Glimmer Mist... I am thinking gorgeous.

http://paperplateandplane.wordpress.com/2011/01/30/no-fuss-paper-roses/





Find #3:




One of my favourite blogs is written by the very talented Taylor over at Mary Jane and Galoshes (what a cute name). 

I first came across this when looking at a 'blog hop' that featured all things 'wreath'. This is a great tutorial and one I am experimenting with to finish up the 'butterfly' theme in my DD's bedroom revamp. 

Just love that again, I can use my stash and tools to make something beautiful for our home.





Find #4:

When we started our Embellees Workshops
I was inspired to try and 'repurpose' our kit packaging for each of our workshops. 

We had so much fun doing this, that I continued my efforts and worked on 'Upcycling' as part of my Christmas 2010 gift wrapping.  I was so happy that my friends and family not only thought my efforts were beautiful to look at, but they loved that I had used everyday items that I already had... brown paper, buttons, fabric ...ooh and so much more.

Enough ramble... this great tutorial from Craft Magazine online has me now thinking everytime I wrap a pressie... does it inspire you?  Think about all the money you will save not buying wrapping paper and 'pretties' to fussy up your gifts... gotta love the use of the cut up jumper.. so creative!

http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/2009/12/upcycled_gift_wrapping.html


Find #5


Over the weekend I made a big effort to put my 'creative space' back into my 'creative space' and, not all over the lounge room, family room, kitchen bench and goodness knows were else I had stuff 'stacked and stashed'. 

I love creative storage solutions that make my space look 'pweddie' and thought I would show you some great inspiration from the very creative Cathe Holden over at Just Something I Made blog. 

Think I feel a 'vinnies shopping day' coming on... or some cybershopping on ebay.

http://justsomethingimade.com/2009/09/before-and-after-3-tier-turntable/




Well that's a wrap for this weeks 'Five Fab Finds'... hope I have inspired you!

Lizzie

1 comment: