Monday, August 1, 2011

Sneaky Peek - Mixed Media Workshop


Let's get our
Mixed Media on!!!

We are so looking forward to our Mixed Media Workshop on
11 September 2011 and, so must all our lovely customers as we are already booked out!

But please don't despair we are taking names for our 'wait list' as we would be keen to run this again if the numbers 'stack up'.



So, please don't hesitate to contact us at:  Embellees@bigpond.com


Miss Lisa has having a 'love affair' with mixed media for sometime now and just keeps coming up with the most beautiful creations. 

You will have seen in one of our recent blog posts, the gorgeous canvas --------------------------------->
that she whipped up at a retreat weekend we attended.

I also have been 'dabbling' and, what we love is that our approach and styles can be so different - that's why our collaboration as the Embellees Team is so refreshing. 

My recent piece was about reinventing some of my stash and anyone who knows me, knows I have a love affair with birdcages (much on par with my love affair with dressforms).  Check out the great big  birdcage, I added to this Mixed Media Canvas... a wall art sticker from Kmart... (gotta love a pack of 4 styles for $10).... this came up a treat and I was so happy playing with paints and stamps and rubons and anything else I could put my hands on in my stash......

At our retreat weekend in June with the girls from Scrapboutique, one lovely lady sat next to me at lunch on the last day and said:  "I have to blame you girls for my not getting through all my layouts... I was so busy watching you girls that I lost track of time... I am now excited and am looking at signing up for your Workshop ... watching what you have been doing has made me want to step out of my comfort zone and have a play".  This was a huge compliment, especially as this was the last person I thought would even want to 'dabble' in this very popular trend we are embracing at the moment.



Our Workshop is about getting your head around the techniques.  We are still playing with our final kits as we have so many ideas and samples that Miss Lisa is 'reeling me in' and reminding me (as she frequently has to) that we need to  'trim them down' for the day and make sure we are comfortable with the pace.  We always have a laugh about 'me and my grand ideas'.

Check out this gorgeous canvas that Miss Lisa is playing with in preparation for the Workshop. She is still keen to have our Workshop lovelies produce something that includes a photo ... some people get too nervous about the 'arty' side of mixed media and having to draw faces and figures... so we want to ensure that we stay with some of the 'traditional' scrapbooking elements.

We can't wait to get our 'Mixed Media' on and share all this fun ... so stay tuned as we update the blog and FB page with more 'sneaky peeks' in the lead up to our Workshop date.

Be back soon!
Lizzie & Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment