To 'wet the creative appetite' we have decided to publish this fabulous tutorial so you to can have a play with some mixed media backgrounds and some innovative ways of using your punches....
Materials we suggest for use are:
- Artist canvas - any size you like (We used a 10" x 8")
- Paint - shades of blue and white
- Mod Podge adhesive
- Paint brushes
- Paper doilies
- Dressmaker's pattern tissue paper
- Masking Tape
- Black & White Cardstock
- Black Stazon Ink Pad
- Black Marking Pen
- Book paper
- Selection of background Stamps
- Punchinello and other masks from your stash
- Punches as outlined in the instructions below
To create the background. Paint with a light blue paint covering side of the canvas. Layer dress making paper, book paper, masking tape and doilies on the bottom half of the canvas to create a hilly mountain effect.
Draw clouds on book paper and attach to the sky.
Add texture with paint and stencils, i.e. Punchinello, crafters workshop etc.
** Handy Hint: Using a 'stiple brush' the type you use for 'stenciling' works great with these tools.
Step 4:The punches used on this canvas are: