Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas

Well it is time to take a break from blogging until the 'silly season' is over. 

Firstly, we want to thank all our lovely followers and everyone else that 'pops in' and reads our posts.  We want to say a huge thank you to our 'scrapping friends' here in Newcastle for all the support, humour and friendship you have shown us throughout this first 6 months we have been established.

We have lots planned for 2011 and will start blogging about this very early in the new year - so please come back and visit us then.

For now we wanted to leave you with a final Chrissy project that Lizzie had been working on....


 A Christmas Canvas

I recently purchased a predone canvas at Go-Lo (one of our many 'cheapie' stores here in Oz).  It caught my eye as it was very large, had a Christmas feel to it and well it was only $9.99.  I wanted to have something I could use year in - year out to display my DD's Santa Photo on - not just a frame, but something I had 'fussied up' and would compliment the rest of our Chrissy decorations....






Yes I know I have a theme going with 'clusters' and that Tim Holtz birdcage die cut is getting a serious workout - but can you blame me???!!!  Check out how nice this cheapie canvas came up with some 'kindy glitz', kaiser pearls and bling and what would a  canvas be without some crochet flowers.





Now another thing I got a 'fetish' for this year was Chrissy decorations I could use in my projects... so check out how nice this word Joy looks on the canvas - just lovely I think and, well the fact that it cost me a whole $1 at Spotlight, I was even more thrilled!





Now let's take one last look at the cluster - some extra Chrissy decorations and a lot from my stash made this come together nicely.  I love the peg idea as this means I can take off my photo and scrap it after Chrissy (pinky promise to have this one in the album before next year) and, well this canvas will be a lovely way to display DD's Santa photos for at least a few more years (not sure when they decide they are too big for this tradition - never sounds good to me).


Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful holiday season with friends and family. 

See you all in 2011.....


Lizzie


No comments:

Post a Comment