Sunday, April 10, 2011

Five Fab Finds - Week 4



Oh dear has it been that long since I did a Five Fab Finds post - well you gotta forgive me ... have been so busy with our Workshops and end of School Term (yes I have a job that keeps me busy) that I just haven't been back to Blog as often as I would like.  But now lets get some creative juices flowing and look at what I have on my Five Fab Finds this week:





Find #1

I am loving these napkin rings by the lovely Jessica over at Two Shades of Pink (thanks Di for leading me to this Blog).  I am spending quality craft time with my DD this school holidays and looking for things to make for the Mum's Day Stall so we have a big box to donate when school goes back.  I am thinking these look like a good one for us to make... and while I am it I have every intention of making some for myself.





Find #2


{ippity} with Alex

We love it when one of our local gals 'sets up shop' and has a great product or service to offer.  We just love all things stamping and the lovely Alex Hughes from Ippity with Alex has some great stamps on offer from Ippity (part of the Unity Stamp Group). 


Alex has started doing some workshops and has a Card Club going  - so why not support this WAHM and buy yourself some great stamps and make some gorgeous stuff!


Find #3


I love finding crafts that combine my using my stash of papergoodness (is there such a word), allows my kidlet to get invloved and is simple to follow.  I am just loving this Spring Butterfly mobile featured over at Kikki Creates, but made by the lovely Rebecca Cooper at Simple As That - how cute is this going to look in my baby great-niece's bedroom above her soon to be new 'big girl' bed.  It will be even more special because the tutorial is so easy that I am going to let my 8 year old DD make it with me.


http://kikicreates.blogspot.com/2011/04/spring-butterfly-mobile-all-about.html


Find #4


Ok, it wouldn't be an Embellees post without another flower to make.  I just love this one and it is a great tutorial.  So pop on over to the Miss Lovie Creations and get out those fabric scraps cause you are gunna be creating.  I am thinking of making some up with brooch backs for our Mum's Day Stall - how nice would it be to find this purchased instead of some of those tragic ornaments we find ourselves hiding away ... (mine was just lovely last year - a real dust collector of a girl with a bird ... sadly not a handmade thing in my parcel - let's see if I can change that this year).


Find #5

Paper quilled flower brooch - old text and pearl chain loop MADE TO ORDER

Oh, I know I am indulging my flower passion again - but this is not a make it yourself one.... it is more like a buy it cause you love it one......

I love it when I come across a beautiful handmade item on Etsy that combines two of my loves - papergoodness and well what can I say - jewellery.  Check out this gorgeous brooch by Rebekah over at The Pretties.  I can see this on my winter coat and just love the detail she has gone to.  While you are there check out her beautiful coil artworks - I am inspired to get that quilling tool out from last weekends workshop and start me some coils for a layout.



http://www.etsy.com/shop/rebekahholguin?ref=seller_info


Well that should see me all caught up with my Blog posts for the beginning of the week - hope you have enjoyed.

Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment